Saturday, September 24, 2016

Today: Tintin's Ways of Making at Sur Global


 Tintin Wulia's Ways of Making in a panel at Sur Global 

Ways of Making
touch and tangibility as a relational means

Please tune in to this talk where I am part of a panel
with Leandro Erlich, moderated by Rodrigo Quijano,
live-streamed via
Bienal Sur's website
on Friday, 23 Sep 2016,
6pm Buenos Aires
time.


My part in this panel is the second in my incidental series of Ways of Making talks. The first was delivered last month at RMIT University, Melbourne, and is also available online.

Like my previous Ways of Making, this 15-minute talk is not an attempt to engage with theory. I promise to speak of neither Berger's Ways of Seeing, nor Bourriaud's relational aesthetics, nor Bishop's relational antagonism, nor Latour's Actor-Network Theory.

Instead, I will go through the recurrence of touch in my body of works: empathic touch, immediate touch, evident touch. I will also describe why touch is as important as breaking the fourth wall is for me.

Then, I will clarify this significance further through a reflection on tangibility, contrasting it with tactility. It is likely that at the 15th minute, I will still propose questions, which I hope to revisit in my next talk, whenever that may be.


Image: Nous ne notons pas les fleurs, Patna (Tintin Wulia 2009), installation and game-performance with surveillance camera, monitor, and flower buds. 
 

Copyright © 2016 Tintin Wulia, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you expressed interest in knowing more about Tintin Wulia's projects and whereabouts.

Our mailing address is:
Tintin Wulia
72 Granville St
West End, Qld 4101
Australia

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment